Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gems - NHL.com Headlines

         They're punny as shit and I almost always laugh to myself when I see them. Obviously, not every one is a gem but there are always a few that are absolute gold. Here are a few of the headlines from the past few days that have drawn a laugh out of me. 

Revenge is always better when chilled before serving. 


My favorite out of the bunch? Easily "Coburn Baby Burn". Crafty coming in a close second.


While "Price Check" is a refreshing change from "The Price is Right" (Actually, the Price is WRONG, BITCH!) but I like "Thomas Saves" out of this group because I like to think they're comparing Timmy to Jesus. And let's face it, the way Thomas flops around on the ice and still makes those fuckin incred saves has to involve some kind of divine intervention. "Gionta Finishes" also makes the 16 year old in me snicker.

OMG get it? Because of, like, the royal wedding! NHL.com, relevant in pop culture? I guess. Clever either way.


         I honestly cannot believe how unpopular the NHL still is in America. The first round of the playoffs have been the most exciting playoff action we've seen in any sport in a long, long time. Plus with NHL.com employing better writers than Saturday Night Live these days, the lack of popularity is just surprising to me. Wake up, sports fans

No comments:

Post a Comment