Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Countdown - Indy 500

Nice bucket hat.

          My father grew up within earshot of the Indianapolis Speedway so growing up I learned to love the place. The sound of the race cars taking turn three could get my 8 year old self more excited than anything. Now that I'm older I can appreciate the 500 for what it really is, one of the greatest spectacles in racing drinking in America. The infield is packed with college students dressed to the nines in their best impressions of racing fans. I'm talking ripped denim, so much camo you'd think you were hunting and neon orange headphones to pretend you're paying attention to whats actually happening on the track. Basically, it's just a classy event and a hell of a time. It's usually hot as balls though so keep the nattys cold and leave the milk drinking to the drivers. Break out the coolers and the camping chairs, the infield is where you want to be on race day. This year is the 100th anniversary of the legendary event so start counting down because you won't want to miss it. May 29th, mark it down.

Clearly the time of their lives at the 500. I'm feeling a "USA" chant coming on.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment