Thursday, April 14, 2011

Gems - iTunes Shuffle

I barely ever listen to my entire iTunes library on shuffle. Too many wildcards. I make playlists, most of which have hysterical names that I'm probably a little too proud of. I'm the Hallmark of iTunes playlists, one for every occasion. However, today I made a risky move while cleaning up my room, I listened to my entire library on shuffle. I don't know if karmically I did something to deserve the perfection that was the line up of songs that played but either way it was great. Seamlessly going from genre to genre, hitting up some 90's gems to going deep into some DMB albums, some early Kanye to my guilty pleasure country music. I heard some of the more indie stuff I have followed by "Party in the USA" (don't lie, that song is in your library, too) only to be followed by some RHCP, Beastie Boys and then Kid Cudi. The point? Stop playing it safe with your perfectly tailored playlist, and let your iTunes run free. After all, you created your iTunes library and if you don't think your collection is an absolute gem, then you have some library spring cleaning to do. Either way, when you're pre-gaming tonight (happy thursday, by the way) pass over your predictable pre-game playlist and shuffle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment