Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Need a Vacation From That Vacation

        One day off? Horseshit, Miami. Give me a Monday off and I will start writing my alumni donor checks now. Give me a Friday off and I won't even notice. We all know the amount of effort put in on Fridays is laughable anyway so giving us an official day off on a Friday is a literal slap in the face. "Hey students,  need a break? We'll pretend to give you one!"How fucking kind of you. 
Such a tease. 
         And after the way most of us treated fall break, partying with friends at neighboring schools, taking over the empty-ish bars uptown, regurgitating homemade meals and getting blackout with friends from home, we all need a break to catch up. If you're an athlete you honestly didn't have a fall break (just like you never have free time anyway). Other schools get legitimate fall breaks (I'm talking a week to ten days. Is that ridiculous or what?) and I hate them for that and my hate is directly derived from pure jealousy. It's currently 2:34 am Tuesday morning and I should be making my way back from Karaoke but instead I'm doing work I ignored over my "relaxing" break and ranting about my irresponsible habits. So Miami, if you could cater to my personal priorities and lackluster work ethic, that would be greatly appreciated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment