Monday, June 6, 2011

Netflix: Friend or Foe? Answer: Frenemy.

The rumor-filled, totally false account of how  I
ruined my flawless reputation....for taste in movies.
          Netflix is a godsend. Who knows how I would spend my free time without it (Doing something productive? Definitely not). But it is also a frenemy (A term I learned from a movie I recently saw). I share the account with my family (So really only me and my brother use it) so they can see what I watch. Usually I wouldn't be embarrassed by what I watch instantly but my brother finds a way to insult every movie or show that pops up on the home screen. Sometimes I come back at him (Really? You watched another Matt Damon movie? The only way you could be gayer is if you were watching 90's Leo Dicaprio movies) but I can usually brush it off because I will not apologize for watching Top Gear, Dexter or Arrested Development. However, a recent event made me come to the conclusion that Netflix history is something not to be trifled with. I (semi) willingly admit I watched "Easy A".....by myself. If you've seen Emma Stone (or the other blonde chick that isn't Amanda Bynes), thanks for understanding. My brother was not so forgiving. He lit into me for watching a chick flick and wouldn't let it go for days. Every time the subject was brought up I wanted to shut him down with "Not now, Quiznos!" but since he hasn't seen "Easy A" he wouldn't get the reference. So here's the lesson to be learned from this. Either man up and take the heat regarding your Netflix usage or open your own account if you've got thin skin. Now I'm just biding my time, waiting for a brotha to slip up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment